Keep up to date with our products, offers and news through our free monthly e-mail newsletter.
Return to list
A wonderfully aromatic biscuit, just right with a cup of tea (or coffee), feet up and dunk if you feel the desire to!
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift together the flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the rolled oats, coconut, caster sugar and brown sugar, and mix well.
3. Combine the butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan, and stir over medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined (see microwave tip). Remove from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add immediately to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
4. Roll walnut-sized portions of mixture into balls and place on the lined tray about 5cm apart. Use your fingers to flatten each slightly (until they are about 1cm thick) and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes for crisp on the outside and chewy in the centre (see note).
5. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Notes - These biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week. You can cook the biscuits for 16 minutes for a chewey biscuit or 20 minutes for a crisp biscuit.
Microwave Tip - combine the butter, golden syrup and water in a medium heatproof, microwave-safe bowl/jug. Heat, uncovered, on a Medium-High /650watts for 1-2 minutes or until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined.
Orders received before noon will be despatched same working day
Member of the Guild of Fine Foods Retailer
Certified on all teas, infusions, tinctures, herbs & spices
Winner of 31 consumer awards for quality since 1995
Organic Farming, good for nature, good for you.
Hambleden Herbs Ltd, Unit 6, South Park Business Centre, Park Street, Cambs, PE16 6AE
Tel : + 44 (0)1980 630721 | E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Home | About Us | Teas & Infusions | Herbs & Spices | Speciality & Gifting | News & Recipes | Offers | Retailers | Contact
Organic herbs & spices